Cheddar Ham Soup
A meaty and vibrant soup that's perfect for using up leftover ham. The hearty not only is creamy and comforting but also quick and easy to make.
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
· &nb sp; 2 cups diced and peeled potatoes
· &nb sp; 2 cups water
· &nb sp; 1/2 cup sliced carrot
· &nb sp; 1/4 cup chopped onion
· &nb sp; 1/4 cup butter
· &nb sp; 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· &nb sp; 2 cups milk
· &nb sp; 1/2 tsp salt
· &nb sp; 1/4 tsp pepper
· &nb sp; 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· &nb sp; 1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
· &nb sp; 1 cup frozen peas
1. Combine the potatoes, water, carrot and onion in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender with a lid on.
3. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly until thick.
5. Gradually add the milk as not to allow lumps to form.
6. Stir in the cheese until melted.
7. Mix with the potato mixture.
8. Add ham and peas and cook soup until heated through.
9. Serve immediately.