This sweet and soft homemade strawberry sherbet rivals any brand purchased from the market. Buttermilk gives the sherbet tanginess and complements the sweet strawberries.
Yield: 4 servings
• 2 cups fresh strawberries
• 2 cups buttermilk
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Process the strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Pour the strawberry puree through a fine strainer into a large bowl. Discard solids.
3. Add buttermilk, sugar and vanilla to puree, and mix well.
4. Cover and chill for 1 hour,
5. Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
6. Garnish with strawberries or strawberry syrup, if desired.