Fruity Wine Drink
The blackberry sangria is a fruity wine drink for sipping in the summer.
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
• 3 2/3 cups fresh blackberries
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 2 bottles rose wine
• 1 cup cognac
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 7/8 cups sliced peaches or 2 7/8 cups sliced plums
• fresh basil sprig
1. In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups berries, sugar, water, and a dash of salt for the syrup.
2. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Strain the syrup and discard berries. Let it cool.
4. For sangria, in a jar or pitcher combine the blackberry syrup, rosé wine, cognac, lemon juice, fruit, and a few sprigs of basil.
5. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
6. Serve with ice and top with blackberries and basil.