Orange and lemon squash
This refreshing drink combines oranges and lemons for a homemade squash recipe. Not to forget that Juice from oranges and lemons retains a nutritional value.
Yield: 12 servings
Total time: 1 hour
• 1+3/4 cups sugar
• 2+1/2 cups water
• 1+1/2 cups lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
• 1+1/2 cups orange juice (about 5 oranges)
• 2 tsp grated lemon zest
• 2 tsp grated orange zest
1. Pour water in a large saucepan and dissolve the sugar.
2. Add juices and zest to the cooled sugar syrup and bring to the boil, simmering the mixture.
3. Strain the syrup; cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
4. To serve, fill glasses or pitcher diluted with water.
5. Keep in the fridge and use within 1 week