Making ice-creams at home can be real fun. It gives you satisfaction, taste and flavour of your choice and works out inexpensive!
You can easily make a wide variety of ice cream flavors by starting with a good vanilla cream base.
This recipe makes one quart of ice cream. Mix the following ingredients in a saucepan:
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1/2 cup cocoa powder for chocolate ice cream
2. Place the saucepan over medium high heat and stir constantly until the sugar completely dissolves.
3. Now pour the cream base into a bowl, cover it and chill the mix in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
4. Pour the chilled base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. While the ice cream is partially frozen, add your favorite mix-ins to your ice cream. A vanilla base tastes really good with any type of fruit, candy or nut. You can add a cup of one or more of the following:
6. Store in an air tight container and freeze for around 2 hours until firm. .
7. Enjoy your delicious homemade ice-cream!