Chicken Korma Recipe
1) Patience (2 hours) + keep at hand all these:
2) khada masaala (25 whole black pepper, 1 nutmeg (crushed), cinnamon (3-4 sticks), green cardamom (15), whole red chillies dried (5) cloves (15), bay leaves (3-4), green chillies (1 chopped), green coriander - chopped (add some while cooking and keep some aside for garnishing), red chilli powder (1/2 tea spoon), 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper, 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder, 2 teaspoons turmeric powder, 1/2 packet chicken korma powder (easily available), 3-4 teaspoons of salt.
3) 1.25 kg preferably freshly chopped chicken
4) 250 grams fresh/thick plain yoghurt
5) 1 kg grated onions in a seperate bowl
6) Mashed garlic and ginger paste (20 grams)
7) 'Kevada water'
Method: Take a big wok (kadhai) - add ample cooking oil (preferably olive oil). Add khada masaala when its heated. Fry till it emanates aroma. Now add the grated onions and garlic+ginger mixture. Keep stirring with a wooden spatula till the mixture becomes deep brown. Now add the washed chicken. Keep stirring till the chicken becomes brownish. Now add the yoghurt. Keep mixing and add 2 small glasses of water.
Cover the wok with an air-tight lid for about 45 minutes. Now taste. Add water for the thickness you prefer for the gravy. Remember, when its ready, the korma will leave some oil on the inner sides of the kadhai. This indicates the korma is ready, the chicken pieces should be tender. Add 4 drops of 'kevada water' for the heavenly aroma. You may garnish with finely chopped coriander/ginger/green chillies. Ideal to have with 'romali rotis' or home-made chappatis. Tastes very fine with brown rice too. Enjoy!