BLUE HAWAII MOCKTAIL
The traditional tropical Blue Hawaiian cocktail is blue in colour because of the blue Curacao, orange-flavored blue liquor. It contains pineapple juice, rum or vodka and coconut. Mocktails are non-alcoholic drinks that look like the cocktail. People who don’t prefer to drink alcohol or kids can choose a mocktail and not feel isolated from a party.
For most cocktails, it is an easy to make a mocktail, but some like the Blue Hawaiian are difficult.
• 3 ounces pineapple juice
• 1 ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
• Blue food colouring
• *Optional: 1 ounce of coconut milk
• In a shaker filled with ice, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice & coconut milk
• Add 2-3 drops of blue food coloring but not too much or your mocktail will be green!
• Shake well to incorporate all the ingredients.
• Strain into chilled glasses filled with ice.
• Garnish with a slice of pineapple and cherry.